July 8 2018
5 Fun Things to Do Near Henley Heights This Summer!
Summertime calls for some new and exciting activities now that school is officially out! Henley Heights offers direct access to Edmonton and area via Stony Plain Road or Anthony Henday Drive, making day trips and outings with the whole family a breeze. Check out our recommendations below for some fun family activities to make it an action-packed summer in Henley Heights.
- Pack a lunch, strap on your hiking boots and load in – it’s time to hit the trails! Chickakoo Lake Recreation Area is located just outside Spruce Grove, a 30-minute car ride from Henley Heights. Take your pick between 4 accessible trails, and jump into nature – don’t forget your binoculars! Plan out your route on the map.
- Get your shopping bags ready! Check out the St. Albert Farmer’s Market on Saturdays, where you’ll find all things, “make it, bake it, grow it.” See here to discover the market’s upcoming summer events!
- Time to hit the deck! Spend the day sunbathing (and maybe do a cannon-ball or two) at the Fred Broadstock Outdoor Pool. The best part? Access to the outdoor pool is free for the entire summer season!
- Spend the day getting lost in the Edmonton Corn Maze. Partnering with local video game studio, BioWare, get ready to face the challenges of this intricate maze design. Opens July 26.
- Spice things up at one of West Edmonton’s traditional Asian restaurants, Grain of Rice. Need some convincing? See the restaurant’s Instagram page for some delicious food photos!
Located in close proximity to various activities, Henley Heights at Secord will be sure to offer you and yours a safe and fun summer! Check out a full list of nearby amenities here.
Any recommendations we’ve missed out on? Share your families favourite summer activities in the Henley Heights area on our Facebook page.